Mountain America Credit Union
2805 N Reserve St
Missoula, MT 59808
Full time; Monday-Friday 8:45am-6:15pm
At Mountain America, we are committed to taking care of all our employees.
- Starting competitive pay and can increase depending on experience
- Performance reviews with opportunities to increase compensation
- Excellent medical and dental benefits with minimal employee contribution (full time employees)
- Paid time off, volunteer time off, and paid holidays
- Matching 401K
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development
- And more!
To be effective, an individual must be able to perform each job duty successfully.
- Exhibits outstanding member service skills (AAA) and exemplify MACU values and philosophy while fulfilling responsibilities as a leader in the branch environment and in the credit union
- Demonstrates and promotes your role as a team member to maintain effective partnerships with your team and members
- Assists in overseeing branch operations
- Ensures teller transactions are processed correctly and in a timely manner
- Assists Branch Manager to supervise MSRs and other team members as needed to counsel them in operations and sales
- Coaches team on AAA and ensures quality member service within the branch
- Assists branch management in developing methods to track and measure team productivity, accuracy, sales and service
- Evaluates assigned team members in their six month and annual performance evaluations
- Approves and denies loans and is the back-up for manager for loan exceptions
- Assists and backs-up in the daily operations of the branch (includes the Teller Line and FSR back-up)
- Represents the credit union in a professional manner, both in dress and in actions and attends SEG events as assigned
- Meets or exceeds Branch Sales Goals.
- Assists in the training, coaching and supervising of team to develop and improve individual and team performances within the branch.
- Gains knowledge and understanding of the Credit Union Financials
- Complies with all regulations as required by law, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, FACT Act, GLBA, Regulation CC (funds availability), Regulation DD (TIS) and other regulations as required by law as it relates to his/her position
- Creates and maintains the MSR schedule
- Performs other duties as assigned
If the branch does not have a Lead MSR, also:
- Responsible for the maintenance and balancing of the cash, Vault, ATM, various MSR logs and all branch cash operations
- Responsible for conducting the monthly and quarterly certifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
At least three years of branch experience with one year of lending experience preferred
High school diploma or equivalent
Licenses, Certificates, Registrations, Trainings
- Notary Public
- Medallion Certification
- Must be able to qualify annually as a Mortgage Loan Originator under S.A.F.E Act Registration
Computer/Office Equipment Skills
- Basic computer operating skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Symitar experience
- Type a minimum of 35 words per minute preferred
Has supervisory/managerial responsibilities that are direct or through work leaders or assistants. Estimates personnel needs and assigns work to meet these needs. Supervises, coordinates and reviews the work of assigned team members. Recommends candidates for employment, conducts performance evaluations and salary reviews for assigned team members, and applies company policy.
Other Skills and Abilities
A thorough knowledge and understanding of credit union policies and procedures in tellering, loan originating, and new account functions. Ability to lead and direct the work of others to give quality member service. Ability to sell financial services and train and coach others in selling the products and services of the credit union. Ability to work in a team environment and promote teamwork.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES / WORKING CONDITIONS
Ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms consistently
Ability to stand, walk, kneel and crouch occasionally
Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
Weight Lifted or Force Exerted
Ability to lift up to 10 pounds consistently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
There are no unusually environmental factors
Moderate noise (business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: